Sunday, April 12, 2015

Poem About Love

I never thought I'd feel love
Not romantic love anyway
I had family love,
It's confusing but there
I barely grasped friendship love in high school
It's a lot like family love, but less drama
But romantic love was a mystery to me
Then you had came along
You made my heart race,
A heart thought frozen and broken
From lack of emotion
You made me feel love
And it feels great
I often thought it was over exaggerated
I had often wish I'd find a love
But I never voiced that wish
I always shut it off mid-thought
Love is an ideal that few find.
I believed myself undeserving of love
It was something I would never feel
But then you came.
You slowly inched in and turned on a switch
How you got the key to my heart, I'll never know
But you turned on all the good emotions that barely functioned
I had been told about love before
I had seen it in cartoons
But I never felt it
But with you, I feel it.
My heart races and I care
I care how you see me
I'm happy when you text or call
I'm giddy when you're near
Thank you so much for showing me love
Thank you so much
Even if you leave me,
I'll still love you.
I only want the best for you.
I only want you to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment