Thursday, April 2, 2015

I Don't Want To Go To The Ball ch2

I Don’t Want To Go To The Ball
Chapter 2: What Day Is It?
Disclaimer: I did a thing.
[][][][]
Shadow stopped a few feet from Amy Rose’s front porch. Her cottage was small and quaint. And much to Shadow’s delight, it wasn’t pink anymore. He put Amy on the ground.
“Thank you Shadow!” Amy beamed up at him.
Shadow simply nodded. “I’ll you later Rose.”
“Okay.” Amy waved as Shadow ran off. She skipped up to her porch and pulled the key out of the flower pot.
“Amy! There you are!” A female cried as she wrapped her arms around the pink hedgehog. “We were worried!”
Amy EEPed as she was suddenly pulled back. She turn and saw Sally Acorn hugging her tightly. Amy wasn’t sure if she wanted to be near Sally. But she was here none-the-less. “Uh… Hi?” Amy gave a weak wave. “Did I miss something?”
The 25 year old chipmunk brushed her fingers through Amy’s quills. “Sonic said he upset you. So he gave you alone time, and when he went back to get you, he couldn’t find you. He’s been running all over looking for you. Niccole’s been trying to track you through your communicator but you left it at home. We’ve all been worried sick looking for you.”
Amy arched an eyebrow. Looking for her. She hadn’t been gone that long, had she? “Where is everyone?”
“Out looking for you.” Sally stated. “Sonic made me stay here. He said he told you… about us. He didn’t want you to be upset if you saw me. I’m just glad you’re alright.” Sally hugged Amy to her chest.
Amy just stood there frozen. Sally Acorn was rambling like a mother who nearly lost her child.
“Amy?” Sally said.
“Yes Sally?” Amy looked up at the chipmunk.
Sally took a step back to look at Amy with her hands on Amy’s shoulders. “You’re soaking wet!”
Amy looked down and realized that she was indeed soaking wet. “Yeah.” Amy chuckled as she scratched her cheek with her index finger. A habit she had picked up from Sonic but never noticed she did.
Sally smiled. “Come on, let’s get you into some dry clothes before you get sick.”
Amy nodded as she unlocked the door. Amy went to her room to change as Sally leaned her back against the wall outside.
“So why are you wet Amy?” Sally asked.
“I… kind of fell in a pond.” Amy answered.
“How?” Sally questioned.
“Being clumsy.” Amy answered as she came out in clean clothes. A pale orange tank top and a pair of black jogging pants.
Sally nodded. “Why were you with Shadow?”
“He went for a run and we ran into each other. He offered to bring me home and I accepted.” Amy smiled as she walked to the kitchen. She gave Sally a soda while she drank some vegetable juice.
Sally nodded. “I had Niccole contact the others and tell them you’re home safe and sound.”
“Thanks.” Amy smiled as she nodded to Niccole as she materialized in her kitchen. “How are you guys?”
“I’m good.” Sally asked.
“Same here.” Niccole stated. “Are you sure you’re okay?”
“Yeah. I’m fine.” Amy waved her hand. “I’m sorry that I worried you guys. But I was barely gone a day. You guys know I’ll come home before nightfall.”
Sally and Niccole became quiet. They stared at Amy in confusion.
Niccole opened her mouth when the door burst opened.
“Where is she?” Bunnie demanded as she raced inside. She caught sight of Amy. “Ah mah stars!” She exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around Amy and hoisted her up.
“Hey Bunnie.” Amy smiled as she was squeezed by the rabbit. “What’s up?”
“Worried sick about you.” Bunnie stated as she put the pink hedgehog down. “Where have you been?”
“I just went for a walk. No big deal.” Amy shrugged. “I wasn’t gone long.”
“Walk?” Bunnie hollered. “You’ve been gone 3 days without a call because you went for a walk? I doubt that suga. Where were you?” Bunnie put her hands on her hip as she gave Amy a look of disapprovement.
Amy’s mouth fell open. “Three days?” She repeated. “I haven’t been gone three day. I’ve only been gone a day.”
Bunnie placed her head on Amy’s forehead. “You don’t feel like you have a fever. What’s today’s date?”
“It’s Monday, the seventh.” Amy answered as if it was the most obvious answer in the world.
“Amy,” Niccole spoke, giving the pink hedgehog a concern look, “It’s Wednesday, the ninth.”
Amy shook her head. “No. It’s the seventh.” Amy stated. She was sure it was the seventh. Why was Niccole messing with her like this?
“No suga, it’s the ninth.” Bunnie told her. “If you don’t believe us, go check your cell phone. It’s got that satellite thing and is always right.”
Amy nodded as she went to get her room. “This had better be joke.” Amy sang softly as she picked up her phone. She turned on the screen and swallowed. She numbly walked back to kitchen and plopped down in a chair. Her hands were shaking as she dropped the phone on the table.
“Hey I’m coming in!” Sonic called as he walked into the house. He stood in front of the kitchen entrance. He saw Bunnie standing behind Amy. Sally and Niccole sitting across from her. He also noticed that Amy was shaking and staring at the table. “Amy?” He called to her as he walked up to her. Amy didn’t respond. He knelt down to look up at her. Amy’s green eyes were wide with fear. Sonic clenched his fist. What in the name of Tikal happened to her? “Amy? Amy? Are you okay?” He tapped her shoulder lightly.
Amy turned to Sonic slowly. “It’s the ninth.” She said in disbelief.
Sonic tilted his head in confusion before chuckling. “Of course it’s the ninth Ames.” He rubbed her shoulder as he stood back up. “What other day would it be?”
Amy stared at her hero with her mouth wide opened. The three other women exchanged looks.
“Sonic,” Sally began.
“Yeah Sal.” Sonic turned to look at his girlfriend.
“Amy thought it was the seventh a minute ago.” Sally stated. “She thinks she’s only been gone for a day.”
Sonic blink a few times as this information hit him. He looked at Amy who seemed like a lost child. Sonic swallowed as he sat down in the chair beside her. “Amy,” He smiled as Amy looked at him. “When was the last time that you remember seeing me?”
“It was the seventh. I was chasing you. I wanted to ask you if you were going to the ball. When I finally caught up and asked. You told me that you and Sally were dating again. You two are going to the ball together. It took me a moment to process it. By the time I did, you were gone. So I decide to go for a walk. I stopped to rest at a pond before walking home. Shadow was out for a run and spotted me. We talked for a bit and Shadow brought me home.” Amy recounted what she remember.
Sonic nodded as he thought about what she said. “And to you it was one day?”
“Yes.” Amy answered.
Sonic nodded as he tried to figure out where a whole day of Amy’s life went. He stood up. “Would you like to go see Dr. Quack?” Sonic asked. “Maybe he can figure out why you can’t remember the last 3 days.”
“That’s a good idea.” Sally agreed.

Amy twiddled her thumbs as she sat on the long grey bench. Dr. Quack had given her a routine checkup. Amy was okay with that. But he then asked her a lot of questions. Some were simple questions. Others were confusing. Afterwards, he took blood sample and left the room. Amy was now left to sit in the room and wait. She looked at the clock in the room. She had been waiting for 2 hours now.

Dr. Quack looked over the test results. “She doesn’t have a concussion.” Dr. Quack stated.
“How can you be sure?” Sonic asked as he tapped his foot on the floor.
“I began scanning Amy as soon as she said it was the seventh.” Niccole stated. “I found no sign of head trauma.”
“What about any other physical trauma?” Sonic strummed his fingers on his leg. Amy was like a little sister to him. The idea of not remembering where she was for a whole day worried him.
“I didn’t see anything physical trauma.” Dr. Quack assured the hedgehog. “Did anything show up when you scanned her, Niccole?”
“Nothing that could count as physical trauma.” Niccole stated. “Her feet seem to show signs of walking for a long time. Probably barefoot.”
Sonic tilted his head. “Walking barefoot?”
“That’s not right.” Sally stated. “Amy was wearing shoes when Shadow dropped her off.”
“Is it possible that Shadow might know something?” Bunnie asked.
Sonic turned to the rabbit and narrowed his eyes. It almost sounded like she was saying Shadow had done something to the pink hedgehog. Sonic and Shadow might’ve rarely seen eye to eye, but Sonic knew Shadow wouldn’t hurt Amy. Shadow was always nicer to women and children. “What do you mean, Bunnie?” Sonic asked, trying to say calm.
“I mean, since Shadow found her. He knows where she was. Maybe Amy said something about where she had been and didn’t realize it. Shadow’s smart. He might be able to help us figure out why Amy doesn’t remember the pass 2 days.” Bunnie answered
“Amy only doesn’t remember yesterday.” Sonic corrected.
“Yes. But she doesn’t remember Monday evening or Wednesday morning.” Sally explained. “Plus all day Tuesday. That’s as long as two days.”
Sonic nodded. “I’ll go find Shadow.”

Shadow the Hedgehog arched an eyebrow as he saw a very familiar person outside his apartment door. Sonic was knocking on the door as quick as he could.
“Come on Shadow! I know you’re home! Open up!” Sonic called.
Shadow sighed as he opened the door. “What are you doing here, Faker?”
“Can I come in?” Sonic asked.
“If I say no?” Shadow asked.
“I’ll come in anyway.” Sonic answered, putting on serious face.
Shadow sighed. “Come in.” He stepped aside for the blue hedgehog. Shadow closed the door. “So why are you knocking on my door? Shouldn’t you be eating dinner about now?” Shadow looked at the grandfather clock on his wall, noting that it was 6.
“Where did you find Amy earlier?” Sonic asked.
“Several miles away from here by a lake.” Shadow answered. “Why? Didn’t you leave her there?”
“No. I left her by the Lake of Rings.” Sonic answered.
Shadow glared at the blue hedgehog. “What are you here for Sonic?”
“There’s a problem.” Sonic explained. “On Monday, I told Amy that Sally and I were dating. She seemed upset, so I decided to give her some space. I left her by the Lake of Rings. The chao were trying to cheer her up when I left. When I went back two hours later to get her, she was gone. I looked all over the forest for her. All of the Knothole Freedom Fighters were looking for her. We didn’t want to freak out too soon. You know, in case Amy had just wanted to be away from me for a while.” Sonic began pacing the room. “Then today, you brought her back home. Amy thought today was the seventh until we told her it was the ninth. Amy doesn’t remember the pass two days.”
“It’s not like Rose to just forget things.” Shadow began thinking. “Did she hit her head?”
“No. Niccole and Dr. Quack have already looked at her. She’s perfectly fine, physically.”
Shadow crossed his arms. “Are you here to ask me how I handled my moments of amnesia?”
“No. I want to know if Amy said or did anything that might help us figure out what happened to her.” Sonic stated.
Shadow leaned against his couch. “She wasn’t aware how far away from Knothole she was.” Shadow stated. “I didn’t think much of it. I figured she got there by following you. She was looking at a magazine full of ball gowns when I found her.”
“A magazine?” Sonic repeated.
Shadow nodded.
“So what did you two talk about?” Sonic asked.
“We talked about the ball. The Commander has made it a requirement for me to go.” Shadow stated. Sonic gave him a questioning look. “It’s to show the people at the peace ball that I want peace. Most people still don’t trust me because of the ARK.” Sonic nodded, gesturing for the black hedgehog to continue. “Rose wasn’t sure if she should go because you and Sally were going. She doesn’t want to do anything stupid at the ball by being clingy to you.”
“That’s a stupid reason not go! All of the Knothole Freedom Fighters are going.” Sonic exclaimed.
“I know.” Shadow nodded. “She really wants to go though.”
“And she will. Amy loves dancing.” Sonic shook his head. “She’ll go if I have to pick her up from her house in her pjs.”
Shadow chuckled, causing Sonic to give him a confused look. “Relax. Rose is going to the ball.”
“You used logic to convince Amy to go.” Sonic smirked. Shadow was good at using logic against people.
“No. Rouge said I needed a date to go to the ball with me. So I asked Rose to come with me.” Shadow stated. “Rose is nice and agreed.”
“Yeah. That sounds like Amy.” Sonic nodded. “You do realize she’ll probably force you to dance with her at least once, right?”
“I can handle that.” Shadow stated.
Sonic let out a loud laugh. “Can you show me where you found Amy today?”
Shadow nodded.

Amy crawled into her bed at 8 o’clock. She had been at the hospital for way to long. She was still upset that she couldn’t remember where she was the last two days, but she was too tired to care about it. She would figure it out later. She had 6 days until the peace ball. She didn’t want to stress herself out because of a memory lapse. She curled up in her blankets and drifted to sleep.
[][][][][

Krissie: Thank you very much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment