Monday, June 1, 2015

I'm Not Human.

Theme: "I am not human. I never was. So why are you expecting me to act like one?"
R.B. glanced up from his chair. He was leaned back behind the desk, staring at the people who had gathered to stop him. What did they hope to accomplish? Would they defeat him?
R.B. knew they would. They had an A.I. trying to get inside his head. Trying to stop him. He sighed. He wanted them to stop him. A part of him wanted to be stop. He wanted them to rise above him and destroy him. He was a threat. A threat he didn’t want to be. He went over several possible ways in which they could easily stop him. Yet they didn’t do it.
Humans. They’re so interesting. A small smile came to R.B.’s face.
He pressed several buttons on his desk, changing the screens. He swiped his hand pass several windows and pulled up the one he was after. The A.I.
“What are you doing?” he mused.
“You need to stop this.” The A.I. stated. “If you continue with your actions, you will hurt several civilians in the process.”
R.B. nodded. “Tell me Neha, what do you think of the humans you serve?”
Neha was the A.I. who had built her own body in order to feel more like the humans she worked with.
“They are my friends.” Neha stated sternly as she stared at R.B.
R.B. nodded. He found it interesting that she claimed them as friends. How did she define the word friends? Where AIs meant to have friends? He pondered all of these as he tapped his fingers on the desk. “They are your friends?”
“Yes.”

“Tell me then, what do you think of your friends then?”
[][][][]

No comments:

Post a Comment