Friday, May 29, 2015

poem

I want to watch the world burn
I want to close my eyes
 And never open them again
I want to lay in bed
Until the century ends
Maybe longer if I can
But it won’t allow it
I want to sleep
I’m running
So fast my lungs
My muscles ache
I don’t want to be here
I’m done
My brain is checking out
I know I wake up early,
But I don’t want to travel at 7.
I want to just dream
I want to just think.
I don’t want to work on this drawing
It will mean nothing to me later
It will mean nothing to you later too
So why am I working so hard?
Does it really matter?
I used to think school was so important,
But then I graduated and realized it wasn’t.
You all just seem to love to pressure me.
I’m done.
I’m tired.
I want to watch the world burn
As I scream in the wreckage
Of what I’ve caused
You can’t find me.
You can’t hold me.
You can’t stop my feelings
They’re raging
Like some wild beast
I’m done.
I’m so done and over with it all
I want to work on my projects
Ones that matter
Ones that I feel will actually improve me
I’m so done doing things that won’t matter.
Things that don’t matter at all to me.
I’m so done with that.
My heart is beating fast.
My brain is rushing so many places
I can’t keep up
But I don’t have to the time to catch up
Because I’m always working on your work.
I’m done
Give me something I love.
Give me something I enjoy.
Let me work on my own things
My own projects
Maybe I live in my own little world
Maybe I’m just delusional.

Maybe I just want to light myself on fire and watch myself burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment