Monday, October 23, 2017

R.O.S. ch11

Krissie: so Astraearose-silvermoon and Godess Bubbles wanted me to focus on the girls this chapter. So that's what will do as I head to work. Yay buses and trains. And we're starting off with last change playing on my phone too. :)
Luna "."
Usagi giggled with glee as she bounced on her bed. "Really? They're going to do a concert?"
"Yeah! I'm helping!" Mina beamed as she brushed her hair. The cameras on their computers connecting the five girls.
"Myriam will love that surprise," Rei laughed.
"I still can't believe you know Jadeite's mom and that you're friends." Mako shook her head. "Wasn't that dinner awkward?"
"Not really. Well, except for when Jadeite froze his father's hand. So the guys do still have some of their powers from their previous lives." Rei shrugged.
"He froze his dad's arm?!" The ither four shouted in unison.
"He went to hit him. Jadeite acted in self defense. He just went over board." Rei stated. "But Myriam deserves something nice. I think being treated to him singing. Jadeite  does have a nice voice."
"When did he sing for you?" Usagi asked as she ran her fingers through her hair.
Rei blushed. "It was centuries ago. Like three last lives ago for him. He probably doesn't remember. Or at least I hope he doesn't..."
"You sound sad, do you want a hug?" Usagi opened her arms wide.
Rei laughed as she shook her head. "I'll get over it. No worries." Rei fiddled with the box she had been given.
"He got you a gift at least," Ami added.
"For being a good friend to his mom," Rei pouted. She shook her. "I don't know why I was expecting more..." she mumbled.
Usagi opened her mouth, but then  closed it. She knew they were soul mates like her and Mamoru, but saying it might be too cruel.
"We're soul mates with them duh," Mina stated flatly. "But unlike Usagi and Mamoru who don't hide their attraction, we're playing ring a round the rosy." She threw her hands in the air. "It would be easier if they showed us any signs they liked us like the silver millennium we'd be jumping with giddy joy like Usagi all the time!" Mina took a few deep breaths. She was frustrated.
"Mina?" Usagi spoke softly.
"Sorry, I'm frustrated." Mina sighed. "I flirted with Shin most of the day and he didn't catch on at all. Maybe I was too subtle..."
"Well, why don't you perform a love song for him during the concert?" Ami suggested. "They'll need a sexond performer to fill up the space. Why not make use of it?"
"That's a great idea!" Mako chimed. "Plus, it'll get your name out there as an idol more."
"Yeah, you can kill two birds with one stone!" Usagi smiled.
Mina perked up at that. "That sounds great! Though I'm afraid Izono has already beaten me to the punch."
"How so?" Usagi began braiding her hair.
"Izono has a notebook fill of love songs he wrote to Ami. They're cute, but still need work." Mina snickered.
Ami's face turned bright red as she tried to hide it behind a book. "I deflected by making a your gay joke and he rolled with it. Sad thing is, the other guys all bought it."
"Oh dear," Ami tried to stiffle her laugh as the other burst into giggle fits.
"So what all is up with the show plan?" Mako asked.
"I have the papers to rent the stage in the park. It'll cost about 150$ to rent it for an hour and a half." Ami looked over the paper work.
"Shin said two hours would be too long since Jadeite and Zoisite only had two songs. They were going to be a music fest with other performers." Mina pouted. She wanted a good two hours.
"Then there is equipment rental. Speakers and any musical instruments they'll need." Ami stated. "Shin said he'll be job hunting tomorrow right?"
"Yeah. I offered to go with him, but he told me to enjoy my day off." Mina pouted. She glanced at Rei who was still fiddling with the box. "Open it already Rei. It won't bite you."
Rei cringed slightly. "I hope not."
Mako rolled her eyes. "Ok, let's all go to Rei's place and make her open this present. It's not going to get opened any other way."
"Agreed!" The other three nodded.
"What! I'll open it!" Rei stammered. "Just... when I'm ready..."
"Usagi, it's time for bed. Say good night to your friends." Usagi's mom knocked on her door.
"Kay! " Usagi called back. "Got to go! Night guys!"
"Night," the other's replied before logging off.
THE NEXT DAY, the girls met at Rei's family temple. They found Rei selling charms. It was a little pass Ten, but since some big tests were coming up, people were rushing for good luck charms.
"Sorry, I'm late!" Usagi huffed as she ran up the hill. The other girls smiled as they looked at Usagi. She was always late.
Rei looked over at them. "Just give me a few minutes."
"Do you want ua to help?" Mako asked as she shifted the basket in her arms.
"That would be great. Uniforms are," Rei called as she grabbed more charms.
"We remember, " Usagi bounced up once she caught her breath.
It took 30 minutes for the flow to die down for them to take a break. The girls sat in Rei's room with some fresh tea her grandpa made. Rei pulled out the box and sat it on the table.
"It's not open yet," Mina tsked. "Come on Rei, it's just a simple box." Mako encouraged.
"It's probably a hair pin like the one he got his mom and Amelia." Ami suggested.
"I know." She hissed. "It's just... I don't know."
Usagi placed a hand on her shoulder. Her blue eyes were bright and encouraging. "You can do it," the phrase was soft.
Rei took a deep breath as she placed her hand on the bow. She slid it off the box. It was a shiny red bow around the black box. She released her breath as she grabbed the top of the box. She shimmied it out of the lower half. Her breath became caught in her throat at the site of the contents.
It was an elegant gold and black hair pin. It had casablanca flowers with ruby centers. Rei felt the air get stuck in her mouth. Her eyes watering slightly.
"It's beautiful," Mako sighed as the group looked at it.
"I can already see so many different ways to put it in your hair." Mina smiled.
"It's too bad that I don't put my hair up often." Rei sighed.
"Then it can be for special occasions only," Ami suggested.
"I guess your right," Rei nodded as she looked at the box.
Mina pouted, "Now if only they were a little more direct. I would like a date before I'm old."
"Maybe we'll have to make the first move," Ami spoke softly.
Everyone stared at her, causing the blue haired woman to blush.
"Wow, aren't you bold today," Mako teased.
"But her logic is sound," Rei stated.
"I think we should try!" Mina hopped up. "So let's get some outfits to rock their socks off. Ami, you're participating too!"
Ami opened her mouth to object.
"You came up with the plan, you should try it to see if it works." Mina beamed.
And with that, the girls were off.
Yay '.'
Krissie: i sadly left my headset at home so it's hard to get into the writing mindset on the train ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment