Monday, February 27, 2017

A rainy night

Laying bare my heart, the sky is a deary grey, but I don't mind. The wind's been blowing for hours, causing the window shutters to clatter. Trees brushing against the house create such an odd scratching sound.
It's different then what it was like at the church were I grew up. There was always a soft chatter. The nuns would read the bible softly. Others assuring the children afraid of the rain and thunder that it was all ok.
"We'll have beautiful plants thanks to God's rain."
I smiled at the memory of Sister Bertha's statement. It was such a cute statement. It always brought me a chuckle.
My new home was nothing like the church. It was two stories with a basement. It was just me. The awkward silence was weird, but I also found it welcomed.
A soft sneeze broke me out of my thoughts. I glance at the small creature curled up on my bed. He was curled up in the sheets.  He was about the size of a puppy now.  He twitched in his sleep and I placed my hand on in his head.
"Ssh. .. It's alright. Just a storm. It's going to be okay." I assured the creature. A part of me still couldn't believe I had created this animal. It was so small and fragile, and yet it wasn't a normal occurrence in this world. I had made this creature in the basement with made science. If any of the sisters knew what I had done They would label me a witch and take this creature as an abomination against God.
I feared that. Would they treat him cruelly?  Would they kill him? I didn't like any of those notions. They made me afraid.
[][][][][]
Krissie: a little bit of a story about dragons I wanted to revisit.

No comments:

Post a Comment