Monday, October 31, 2016

poem

Is college worth it?

All my life I was told it you wanted to succeed

college of what you need

well here I am, 3 years in, and the realization is bold

but college wasn't needed

I know of too many people who are famous because they just created what they wanted

they taught themselves like I had before

but I decided to come here

I could have learned all of this at home on my own

I'm even teaching myself a new program

because the teacher told me I needed to learn it

but instead of teaching it to me,

he sent me to watch tutorials

a thing I could do without college.

it's so infuriating

if I'm ever asked about college,

I'll be blunt and cold

you can learn it all from the internet and never have to pay a fee

you can share your work for all the world to see

you don't need a fancy college degree

all it is a debt you'll forever see

I often gage nightmares that I'll die in debt because of this decision

but I'm already three years in and dammit I'll take that paper

I'm already going to be in debt anyway right?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment