Friday, July 31, 2015

Horrible Day

Horrible Day
I feel myself chocking
Is it my spit? My heart? Or my tonsils?
I’m not sure which.
I’m just upset.
And I could pinpoint all the reasons
But when I do,
I look at them and go
“Am I really having all these 1st world problems?
Are they even that important?
Is this something I should really be upset about?”
Should I draw back my tears
Tell myself I’m being stupid
I woke up to a morning of promise
But something told me no
No promises await you today
So I tried to rationalize
“So an okay day then?”
A question I tried to swallow and make true
But no.
No okay.
No promises.
No good.
The feeling grows stronger and stronger with each second.
Telling me No.
Confirming for me the truth I secretly knew
Today will be a horrible day.

[][][][

No comments:

Post a Comment