Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Shadow visits the past

Shadow knew he probably shouldn't have been here. But he found himself in the past, he wasn't in too big of a hurry to get back to his time. He wore a cloak to hide his features. He made tracks to a place he knew where there was literally no people.

Little Big Planet.

The lake was beautiful as was the rest of the scenery. The planet had yet to appear, so Shadow was left playing the waiting game. He had to admit, he was curious about LBP looked like.

When the planet did appear, Shadow couldn't help but mumble, "So this is the place where she met Faker?"

He walked like he owned the planet. There were plenty of wildlife. He was glad no one lived nearby such a beautiful area. The people would have polluted it. He stopped when he heard a thump, it sounded like something had landed harshly. He looked up to see Metal flying through the air. He looked slightly damaged.

His eyes widened. "Rose!"

In less than a second, he stood over Amy Rose's collapsed form. She groaned as he picked her up to check for wounds. She wore a green shirt with a white collar. Her hair was styled diffidently, it was similar to Sonic's. But the red hair band hadn't changed. The yellow tutu was childlike and Shadow thought it matched her perfectly. Her purple shoes had long laces.

He propped her up against a tree. She had a few scrapes and bruises, but she would live. He began tying her shoes. Rose was clumsy, he was sure she was even more so as a child.

"Who are you?" She muttered as she leaned forward. Her emerald eyes were barely open but Shadow could see that they were the same emerald eyes.

"You fell. I'm merely trying your shoes so you won't fall again," Shadow stated.

She gave him a lopsided grin. "My laces aren't why I fell. I got scooped up by since robot. He dropped me after I hit it a few times."

"With your piko hammer?" Shadow asked to indulge her.

She widened her eyes. "How did you know about my hammer?!" She shuffled away from him.

"Is it a secret here?" He mused. Rose was always using her hammer on anything and anyone.

"Here? I've never been here. And I would've remember someone like you. Are you from the future?" Amy moved to stare under the hood of the cloak. Shadow jumped back some. "Your eyes are as red as a rubies!" She clapped her hands excitedly.

Shadow growled some. "Sshh... I don't want anyone to know I'm here."

"Because you're from the future?" Amy asked.

Shadow sighed. She already knew, there was no use denying it. "Yes, because I'm from the future."

Amy nodded. "Are you here to get the time stones so you can go back to your time?"

"Time stones?" Shadow repeated. "I've never heard of those."

"You haven't?" Amy tilted her head. "Then why are you here?"

"Rose talks so fondly of this place, I wanted to know what it was about this place that made her talk so about it." Shadow mumbled.

"Rose?" Amy tilted her head, "Your friend's name is my last name!"

Shadow patted her on the head. "You're an innocent soul Rose. Don't let that change."

"Oh. I'm Rose." Amy nodded getting it now. "Are we not close friends?"

Shadow started at her for a long moment. "What makes you say that?"

"You call me by my last name," she pouted.

"I..."

"Why aren't we close friends?" Amy demanded to know. "I want all of my friends to be close. So why aren't we close?"

"It's not that we're not close friends my time. It's just that I'm...." Shadow paused a moment, "I'm... Shy" he hated using that word. It made him sound weak, but it was the only word he could think of that she would understand. "I haven't had the best experience with making and keeping friends."

"You're afraid of getting hurt so you don't like to get to close?" Amy asked. Shadow nodded. Amy bit her lip in thought. "I know where the time stones are, you can use them to get back to your time. And when you get back, if you can me Amy, I'll give you a big warm hug! Ok?"

"But what if you don't remember bm meeting me?" Shadow mused. There was no way Amy would remember a promise from when she was a child.

"I'll remember for sure!" She stood tall and proud.

Shadow nodded. Then a smirk spread across his face. "Very well then. Can you make another promise to me?" Amy nodded happily. Her bangs falling into her face. Shadow was about to do something evil and he knew it, but Amy wouldn't remember anyway so it wouldn't do any harm. "If, by any chance, someone should ask you out on a date and you are not in a relationship were you and your partner aren't kissing, you have to accept that date. Do you understand?"

Amy smirked. "This reminds of a story my daddy told me. But sure. So when you get the guts to ask, I'll agree."

"What does that mean?" Shadow growled.

"You looked like some love sick boy when you said Rose earlier. I thought you were talking about someone else. " Amy shrugged. "But I am sorry if I break your heart."

Shadow glared at the young pink hedgehog. She had read him far too easily.

"I'm sorry if I ever break your heart," she bowed, "Now the time stones are this a-way. Follow me!" Amy walked off into the forest. Shadow followed behind her.

SHADOW WAS glad to be back in his proper time. Watching Amy constantly get kidnapped by Eggman was concerning, especially since he couldn't interfere.

He, however, wasn't planning on crash landing into Tails' living room. The table broke when he landed on it. Tails and Sonic freaked out and Shadow sat in silence as he tried to make sure he was in the right time.

"Dude! You've been gone for 2 months!" Sonic exclaimed, "Where have you been?"

Shadow shrugged. "Places."

Sonic frowned at that, but didn't push. He knew better then to try. "Well you sure did a number on the table."

That was true. The table was in fragments. Several splinters of which were embedded into Shadow's back. Tails wasted no time dialing their local nurse.

Amy Rose was there in minutes. She held a first aid kit in her hands. Shadow tried to just leave, but she would hear none of it. Shadow wound up laying down on the ironing board as she plucked the splinters out one by one. She tried to make small talk, but it was to no avail.

"So how have you been then?" Amy asked.

"I've been fine. The chaos control didn't go so well, so I wound up landing on the table." Shadow stated.

Amy nodded. "Anything new happen why you were away?"

"Not really, Amy." Shadow muttered. He promised the 7 year old her that he would call her by her first name at least once he got back to his time.

Amy froze as Shadow felt the awkward silence. He looked up at her to just see her standing there. Smiling like she had been dosed with joker gas. Shadow sat up, prepared to run.

"Rose? Are you okay?" Shadow tapped his fingers on the board.

She pounced a moment later. Shadow couldn't breath as he was engulfed by her hug.

"What's going on?" Sonic asked as he walked passed the doorway. "Should I just leave you two alone?"

"Help me!" Shadow rasped. "I can't breathe!"

Sonic sighed. He had been on the receiving end of Amy's famous death hugs. He knew the pain. He grabbed Amy's arm and pried her off.

"Let Shads breathe, Ames," Sonic ordered.

"Sorry! Sorry!" She said with a dopey grin. "I was just so happy when you caked called me Amy. I just wanted to hug so much."

"You finally called her Amy?" Sonic turned to Shadow, surprise and amusement on his face.

Shadow still trying to gain air into his body. "Yeah. But I think I'll stick to Rose. It doesn't leave me being suffocated."

"Aw..." Amy pouted some. "I really am sorry. I didn't mean to hug you so tight."

"Well either way, I just won a bet," Sonic laughed. He walked out into the hallway. "Tails, you owe me 100 bucks! He just called her Amy."

"Seriously?" Tails' voice echoed from where ever he was in the house. "I thought I would win for sure."

"They had a bet?" Shadow shook his head. He wasn't even going to try to figure them out. He turned to find Amy staring at him with a big crazy grin. It wasn't as bad as the joker grin, but it made him uncomfortable none the less.

"What?" Shadow scooted away from her. He wasn't about to be pounced this time.

Amy pouted. "You're not going to let me hug you again are you?"

"Not for a while," Shadow crossed his arms.

"Can I at least trying finish taking the splinters out of your back?" She gave her best puppy dog eyes.

"Yes," Shadow sat on the board again. "But I'm sitting up in case you try to hug me to death again."

Amy giggled as she began pulling the splinters out again. There were only a handful left. "So..." She began to make small talk again, "Did you like Little Big Planet?"

Shadow stiffened. "What makes you think I went to Little Big Planet?"

"Because that's were I promised I would hug you if you called me Amy." She stated. Shadow could hear the happiness in her voice.

"You still remember that?" Shadow asked. "You were like a tiny child."

"I do my best to remember all of my promises." Amy stated proudly.

"But I was wearing a hood!"

"I took a few peaks under it. Plus your voice is very distinctive."

Shadow grumbled. "Don't tell the others I was in the past."

"Of course not," Amy waved it off. "So what did you think of it?"

"It's a nice place. I see why you like it so much." Shadow shrugged.

Amy nodded. "So do youth you have any questions?"

"Not really. It was just a nice place to explore." Shadow replied.

Amy pouted some. "Okay. Well feel free to ask me any questions you may have." She pulled the last one out. "And you're all good! I've got movie night with the girls. So I'll catch you later."

Amy left quickly.

Shadow stretched on the porch before he made his run home. Then it hit him. She remembered everything. Shadow smacked himself in the face. "She wasn't asking about the planet..." He groaned. He took a deep breath as he ran. "Maybe if I don't bring it up ever again, she'll forget all about it."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment