Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Breakdown At Work

Another writing Practice
Chara: Kaori and Angel
Dialogue 1;
Location: At Work

“You need to settle down.” Kaori’s monotone voice was soft as she watched tears fall from Angel’s face.
The brunette stomped her foot as she picked herself up off the floor. She didn’t care about the scrapes on her arms and legs. She didn’t care that they were still bleeding after 30 minutes. She didn’t care that her muscles ached and were begging for her to stop.
“Angel, you need to take a break.” Kaori tried again.
Angel shook her head. “I know what you’re thinking.” She glared at the woman at the top of the thick concrete steps. “You think I’m crazy. You think I can’t do it. But I can. I know it! I can open up a portal to that other dimension. I’ll bring them back! I’ll bring April back!”
Kaori shook her head at the pitiful teen. She had really fallen off her rocker without April there to hold her together. “What do you think April’d say if she saw you here? Like this?” Koari hoped mentioning Angel’s sister would calm her. What she got was Angel stomping her foot on the concrete floor.
“You always do this!” Angel screamed as she picked up pieces of her broken invention. “You think you know April. But you don’t. She would be happy that I was trying so hard to bring her back home. But you? Why aren’t you helping? You’re stupid little sword comes from that dimension doesn’t it? Why don’t you use it to help us bring them back?”
“It’s not my choice to have this sword.” Kaori stiffened as she sat up. “I can not control where it sends demons once I cut through them. If I slash through air, it is still air. No portal will open. You’ve already tried that, remember?”
“Shut up!” Angel threw the small pile of pieces she had down on the floor. “I don’t need your help! I can do it all by myself!”
Kaori shook her head. She was tired of this childish behavior. She brushed off her pants as she marched down the stairs towards Angel. She made sure to stand tall and leer down at her. Angel instinctively back up. “You need to talk to a doctor about your injuries and a shrink about your imbalanced emotional state.”
“I don’t want to talk about it.” Angel crossed her arms and glared up at Kaori.

Kaori sighed. “Then you leave me no other choice.” Her voice was numb of all emotions as usual, but they carried a chill that made Angel visible shiver. Kaori suppressed the urge to smirk. She was glad that she was finally getting through to her on some level. She grabbed Angel by the nape of her neck and pulled her forward as she drove her knee into her stomach. Angel let out a pained gasp as her blue eyes closed. Kaori held her for a moment until she was sure Angel was limp. Kaori smirked as she hoisted Angel over her shoulder. “Now, off to the doctor you go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment