Tuesday, March 17, 2015

At the Park

March 17th, 2015
Assignment done in class. My teacher gave us a setting and some dialogue to write into a small little story thing. 

Setting: Park

“I’m ready to leave now.” Cleovim released the tree she had been hugging for the last minute.
“Well I’m not.” Scotty yawned as he stretched out on the grass. “I think we should stay here all afternoon. When are we going to get such a nice sunny vacation day again?”
Cleovim chuckled. “Good point. But I don’t work for KOS.”
“And I saw let me enjoy my day off in this awesome field of ticklish grass and clovers.” Scotty plucked a clover and twirled it in his fingers. He beamed as he placed the clover on his head. “Look at me, I’m a leprechaun!”
Cleovim chuckled as she shook her head. Her red eyes caught something in the distance and a wider smirk spread across her face. “That girl you don’t like is walking this way.”
Scotty sat up and looked down at the walk trail. Sure enough, it was Jay. Her brown curls bouncing with each step as she jogged. “I like her just fin. She can come here if she wants to. Hmph! It’s a free world.” Scotty laid crossed his arms as he plopped back on the grass.
Cleovim’s smirk only turned into a Cheshire’s grin. “You should go talk to her, then.” She leaned over Scotty’s face, blocking out the small whale shaped cloud he’d been tracking. “I’m sure you two would get along.”
Scotty rolled his eyes. “Here she goes again!” he thought. “Trying to set me up with some girl because she thinks I’m lonely and needs somebody.” Scotty rolled down the hill away from his friend and sat up. “You’re just being mean so I’ll say we should go home.”
Cleovim blew her bangs out of her face. “I didn’t say I wanted to go home,” She rolled like a lazy cat in the grass. “I just said I’m ready to leave.”
“Then were should we go?” Scotty shot her a glare.
Cleovim pouted as Jay jogged pass. Then a small sly smirk found its way to her lips. “I have an idea.” She purred.

Scotty huffed as he fell back. “I’m going to hate your idea, aren’t I?” He rolled down to the concrete trail and laid still as he pouted up at her.

No comments:

Post a Comment