Sunday, July 6, 2014

Virtues or Sins

Prompt: Virtues or Sins
“Haven’t I been good?” she asked with a pout. Her childish voice sounding innocent enough. “Didn’t I do everything you asked me to?” she walked over to the scientist sloughing on the floor. Pools of crimson clotted the floor like a muddy puddle as she walked through one to him. “Aren’t I your precious baby girl, daddy?” Her voice gave a wobbly crack as she knelt before him.
“Du ist Miene Fehler.” He gasped as he looked on her with pity.
“I know my name Daddy.” She stated as she curled up in his lap. “But you haven’t I been good? You said if I was good, that nothing bad would happen? But it did. There’s red paint everywhere and no one will wake up to help me clean daddy. What’s going on daddy?” She looked up at him, pleading with watery eyes.
“Meine Fehler.” He muttered. “This is the price for what we’ve done. You’ve done nothing  wrong.” He began to cough, blood coming up with each hack.
The girl gasped as she shot up. “Daddy? Daddy! You’re coughing up red paint!” She squeeze her toy cat to her chest as she cried.

She rushed across the room, slipping and falling in a blood puddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment