Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Free Will Or Fate?

Prompt: Free Will or Fate?
Josh stared into the mirror for nearly an hour. He had once again been arguing silently with the being that on one else seemed to see. But he knew. He could see it there. Rummaging about. Causing mayhem and trouble for him.
“Why?” He growled, but sounded more whiperish. “Why must you live in my eye? What’s the purpose for this?”
“Fate.” The voice stated simply in his head.
“Fate?”
“Yes. Fate has bound me to you.”
“Bull.” Josh clenched his fist. “I want my life back. My body. My mind. Me. I want my free will. Where is my say?”
“Fate is fate. There is little that can be done Josh.”
Josh grumbled as he stared at the silvery green eye in his socket. The eye that didn't belong to him.
“I understand your pain Josh. But I am not here to control you or turn you into a puppet. I am only a sprite. Fat has bound me to you. I have no less control then you do.”
“Then what about my fits?” He flailed his hands about.

“Those fits are caused by the medications Josh. Not me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment