Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Windchime

Gent smiled as he polished the wind chime. It had a wonderful sparkle once it was cleaned up. He paused as he heard the soft foot steps from the other room.
"Do you want breakfast Fi?" He hummed.
She seemed to jump as she turned to see him. Her red hair tumbling off her shoulder. "Um..." She couldn't think of what to say.
Gent smirked in amusement as he stood up. He carried the windchime in his hand. It jingled with each step he took. "What do you think?" He proudly held it up for her to see.
Her brown eyes focused on it with wonder. "It looks really pretty." She finally answered after a long pause.
"It wasn't earlier. It's strings were tangled. Mud  was coated on it. It was even dented in a few spots." Gent explained, "But I worked on it long and hard to fix it."
Fi nodded as she listened.
"I care a lot for this windchime, just as I care for you." He stated. "It may hurt your feelings Fiona, but I see you as a damaged windchime and I want to make you shine and jingle like this windchime right here."
Fiona couldn't help but laugh. "So what? Am I some list kitten for you to save and make better?"
Gent smiled, "Yes. Only I hope you won't need an owner." He placed the windchime in her hands. "So I'll give you this as a token of my good will."
Fiona smiled at it.  "I wish I had a home to hang this in," she mused.
"So about that breakfast?" Gent changed the subject as if he had just started the conversation. "I can make some good hash browns?  Do you like those?"
Fiona shook her head as she followed the retreating man into the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment