Saturday, July 6, 2019

Stories from Work 7/5/19

So yesterday, July 5th, there were several customers who just didn't or couldn't listen and follow basic instructions. Where I work we have several rules. None of them unreasonable, Just basic rules.
So the first one was a guy who came up to get a budlight. He had an ID from Mexico that was falling out. I told him several times that I am not allowed to accept foreign ids or temporary ids and asked if he had a US ID or passport, as I can accept those. I pointed to the sign on the bar that stated such. I had it so many times, I just went about cleaning the bar and kitchen. He asked if we had anyone who spoke Spanish and I told him, "No. We only have English speakers here."
He returned later with a woman who's ID stated Republica De Gautatamale on the top. It said it was a councilor ID card. It said something about Atlanta, Ga on the back. So I took the ID to my manager at the amusement counter to have him approve it. He said I could accept hers, but the man with her couldn't be served because he didn't have a proper ID.
I went to the bar and explained it to both of them. That I could not serve him because he didn't have a proper ID. I even pointed to the sign at the bar that stated such for them.
The woman several times tried to order two drinks and I had to reiterate several times that I could only give her one. I also told her that she can not give him her drink, since she got a budlight. The drink he was originally trying to get. I told her that if she gives it to him, the drink will be confiscated and they will be asked to leave. She seemed to understand. She paid for her drink and I poured it. I gave it to her.
And what does this woman do, she sits at the table right in front of the bar. Her back to me and puts the drink in front of the man. My manager had walked up and I told her to get them at the table as I walked around the bar to get to them. My manager and I both reiterated that the man could NOT drink anything in the store because he didn't have an ID. I took the drink back to the bar and told my amusement manager what happened over the mic. I was super pissed and annoyed. I mean come on. You didn't even try to hide your disrespect of the rules. She came up the bar, having taken off the wristband I had given her and said ID a few times. She was trying to sound innocent. I'm sure I had glared at her.
"No," I said sternly. "I'm not serving you anything else after that."
Morris had made his way to the bar. "Where's the drink?"
"I have it," I held it up to show him before I poured it out into the sink.
It put me in a sour mode for the rest of the day.
I had several groups of people come in with outside food and drink and try to eat them in the store. I had to hound them, telling them they can't have it in the store. That they needed to take it out. Several times. I left the bar to tell them too. Because I just didn't have it in me to let anyone break anymore rules today.
Also, it seemed like we were short on bowling staff today, because I spent at least an hour in the shoeser (A small walk-in closet that holds all the shoes that I have to put on racks for customers to get there shoes from on the other side.) I went in there during slow time at the bar to disinfect, match, and put the shoes up. So there was that. yeah.
Let's hope today will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment