Monday, March 25, 2019

Tales of Macaron pt1

Tales of Macarons:
From 2016 to 2017, I worked at a place that sold Macarons. I'll call it Shoppe Macaron to avoid liabilities with them if they ever see this. But Eh. *Shrug* 
When I first started, sometime before Halloween. The owner's daughter who hired me, we'll call her N, mentioned paper work I needed to fill out. This was my first job, so I was unaware that she ment tax paper work. I just went about doing my job believing she would get to giving it to me eventually. But come December, I hadn't been given it. I had to remind her almost daily to give it to me. 
When I finally got it in my email, I read that it was supposed to be filled out before my first day of work. WHELP! I'd been working for 2 months already. I also never got my tax form the next year until October of 2017 when I asked for it so I could move. I also found out that many of the girls never got the paper work to do their taxes anyway. 
Because of that, I and many of my former co-workers doubt their taxes are being done properly. We're amazed they're still running. But I did see that they closed one of their locations after I left. So I guess if they last a decade, I'll be amazed.
And that's the story of sketchy paperwork from Shoppe Macaron. Have any of you guys ever dealt with jobs where you were concerned about how the company was being run?

No comments:

Post a Comment