Sunday, August 27, 2017

Blind Date Ch5

KRISSIE: here is ch5. I'm happy to hear the feedback from you guys.
PREVIOUS
[][][][][][][][][][
Amy sat on a bench in front of the art museum. Her legs dangled off the edge as she read her book. She had arrived 10 minutes early and now awaited Shadow.
"Amy? What are you doing here?" A familiar voice called out to her. She looked up and smiled at the human with platinum blond hair.
"I'm waiting on a friend. What are you up to Topaz?" Amy closed her book as she slid to ome side of the bench. Topaz sat down next to her.
"I'm window shopping. There's a nice book store I heard just opened up. What do you and Cream have planned today?"
Amy chuckled. "I'm going to see the art museum, but not with Cream."
Topaz looked at the museum that Amy pointed at. She nodded before tilting her head slightly, "Then with who? No offense, but I don't know which of you guys would be into art."
"With Shadow," Amy beamed.
Topaz's eyes widened. "The rumor was true?" She mumbled.
"What rumor?" Amy tilted her head.
"Several rumors were going around like crazy at work yesterday," Topaz informed the pink hedgehog. "Shadow going on a date being a main one."
"Why is my love life such a hot topic with everyone?" Shadow mused from behind them.
The two jumped a little.
"How is your day going Shadow?" Topaz gave a nervous smile. She didn't want to be on his bad side.
"It's going well." Shadow gave a court nod. He turned to Amy and held out a yellow rose for her. "For you, Rose."
Amy smiled as she accepted the flower and placed it on her headband. "Thank you." She stood up and curtsied to Topaz. "I'll see you around Topaz."
Topaz gave a quick nod as she got up as well. "Enjoy the museum."
The two walked to the museum entrance.
"I'm sorry all of your co-workers think you're on a date." Amy stated softly as they entered the line for the exhibit.
"Oh I might have started that," Shadow shrugged. "Thomas asked how are 'date' went the night before. He practically shouted it in the middle of the shooting range. I said it went well and that I was going out with you agian. In the same, if not louder, volume."
Amy nodded. "So rumors got out of control at work."
"At least they're not discussing how I'm a murderer who will destroy everyone in my wake when I snap." Shadow seemed please. "Though I apologize for any rumors that may spread about you Rose."
Amy merely shrugged, "It can't be worse then being called a stalker."
"You were almost there though," he stated softly as he paid for the tickets.
Amy wrapped her arm around Shadow's and gave a hard squeeze. Shadow winced before looking at Amy.
"You've grown out of it," Shadow attempted to make amends. Amy hated being called a stalker as much as he hated being called a monster.
Amy loosened her grip some. "You love to tease." She looked away from  him and pretended to be focused on a sculpture in the room.
Shadow leaned in close to her and whispered in her ear, "I do and I'll tease you till I take my last breath."
Amy burst into giggles as she leaned her head on his shoulder. Several bystanders turned to look at the pair. Many seemed confused and Shadow was well aware of some of them recognizing the pair and some attempting to take discret pictures. Amy looked up at him with a bright smile. "I guess I'll just have to look forward to it."
Shadow smirked as he led her to one of the exhibits. "I counted five cameras," he muttered to Amy as they reached the new exhibit.
"Well rumors are going to be flying everywhere," Amy chuckled.
"Now all I have to do is figure out how to smile to get Steve in a kilt." Shadow sighed with pleasure at the thought.
"You're an evil man Shadow." Amy patted his cheek lightly with her hand. "Oh look, angels and demons!" Amy waved her hands at the paintings.
"A common motif of artists," Shadow added.
The two walked through the whole museum. Pausing breifly for paintings they had seen before and staring longer at new pieces. By the time they finished looking through the whole museum, it was a little past 3.
"Who's up for a late lunch slash early dinner?" Shadow asked the pink hedgehog.
"Me!" Amy held up her hand.
Shadow chuckled at Amy's antics.
[][][

No comments:

Post a Comment