Sunday, July 10, 2016

Emi the Deity Ch9

Emi the Deity
By Krissie
PREVIOUS
Chapter 9: A Kidnapping
“She’s the deity!” The customer jumped up excitedly. Her hands clapped together.
Emi stared at her confused. “Uhh…”
She walked up to Emi with the happiest look in her eyes. She grabbed a hold of his hand. “I’ve been looking for you! I’m so glad you’re such a kind young lady.”
“Eh,” Emi tried to step back. “Listen, I think you’re confused,”
“No I’m not. You’re the new water deity!” She threw her arms around him. Her hug was so tight that Emi felt his bones begin to crack. “I’m so glad I found you! Come on, the fields are in desperate need of you.” She began pulling Emi by his hand.
“Fields?” Emi gasped, “What are you talking about?”
She simply giggled. “My fields. I need you to heal them. My deity powers aren’t enough to heal them.” She placed a 20 dollar bill on the table. She turned and grabbed a hold of Emi’s hands, “But with you, I can heal them all up. My fields will be lively and beautiful again!”
“Listen, I don’t think,” Emi began but was cut off by her dragging him to the door. Once they stood outside, she grabbed the rose hairpin from her hair. She snapped the hairpin opened and it became a portal. “What’s that!?” Emi gasped.
“It’s a portal to my fields,” she stated, “Now come on. My fields don’t have long.”
Emi was pushed into the portal.
Emi landed into a field. He cried out as thorns stuck his arms. He sat up and stared around him. For miles and miles on end, there was nothing but roses. There was a dirt path were the branches and vines of roses didn’t overlap for people to walk on. It would have been beautiful, except for the fact that all of the foliage here was brown and withered.
“Where is this place?” Emi shouted.
“These are my flowers fields,” the woman stated as she came through the portal. “I’m Carmen, a rose deity.” She waved her hands over the fields as she brought Emi to the dirt path. “I’ve tried my best to keep my roses alive, but something is keeping them from thriving. I think they’re not getting enough water. I’ve brought all the water I can, but it’s not enough. But you can create plenty of water for my roses.”
Carmen grabbed hold of Emi’s hands, a hopeful look in her eyes.
Emi bit his lip. He was sure the roses used to be beautiful. He was a water deity, Carmen had gotten that right. But Emi had never created water. He was still having trouble not freezing water. He had no clue if he could ‘create’ water for these dying fields. But he didn’t want to disappoint the deity.
“It’s a deity’s job to help those in need when it falls into their area,” Symphia stated during one of their training sessions.
Emi smiled as he placed a hand over hers. “I’ll try my best. But I can’t guarantee anything. I’m still very new to this deity thing.”
“Just so long as my roses are brought back to life,” Carmen stated, “I’ll be happy.”
[][][][][
NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment