Tuesday, May 31, 2016

ShadAmy Beauty and the Beast Ch2

ShadAmy Beauty and the Beast
Chapter 2:
The town was abuzz with something amazing as Amy came with a fresh bundle of bouquets. She was greeted by seeing just about the whole village gathered around Charles’ pub. She had only seen this happen once before. When one of Tails’ inventions had malfunction and accidently took out the electricity in the village. Electricity was still fairly new in the village and everyone was in awe of it. Thus they were angry when Tails’ invention turned off the lights.
They had been furious then.
Amy felt her muscles tensed as she ran around the side of the pub. There was a side door that the pink hedgehog could enter. She swung open the door and raced inside the pub. “Tails! Charles!” Her voice called in a high pitch. “What’s going on outside?” Her eyes locked onto the familiar shade of orange as two blue eyes turned to face her. Amy wrapped her arms around the fox instantly. “Are you alright?” She stepped back to get a full look of the fox. He wasn’t disheveled or hurt. He even looked happy and joyful.
“I’m fine.” Tails beamed. “I didn’t cause a power outage this time.”
“Then why is everyone gathered outside?” Amy asked curiously.
“The prince has come to the village!” Sonic interjected as he leaned in with a big smile. He gestured to an ebony hedgehog with red stripes with his head.
He had piercing red eyes. His clothes were far nicer than any Amy had seen before with beautiful embroidery. His facial expression was stern and serious and almost angry. His posture represented much the same thing. Amy found herself hugging Tails tighter to her body.
She had heard of the princes. They didn’t stay in the lime light often. Queen Aleena Bernadette Hedgehog ruled the country. Her other family members stayed fairly quiet. Amy couldn’t remember all the princes’ names. There were Queen Aleena’s sons, Maurice and Jaleel. Then there was her nephew who was also a crowned prince. His name was Shadow, she thought, but wasn’t sure.
If that was the name of this prince, it would surely fit.
“Prince Shadow wanted to come see this village. You know, see what it’s like outside his home.” Sonic lied with a sweet smile.
Amy tilted her head. She didn’t quite believe it. Something about the way Sonic said it told her otherwise. But she smiled anyway. She nodded her head to the prince. “Welcome your majesty,” she rubbed Tails’ shoulder. “I hope you enjoy your visit. Though I suggest next time you visit a place you go dressed as a regular person. People are more likely to show you who they really are. Plus they won’t crowd around you so much.”
It was obvious to her that Prince Shadow was a loner. He didn’t seem to like how loud it was here, much less all the people trying to get his attention.
Shadow nodded in agreement. “I unfortunately listened to the delivery guy,” his glare was directed at the blue hedgehog. “Are you his sister?” His finger transitioned between her and Tails.
Amy shook her head. “Just friends,” she removed her arm from Tails’ shoulder.
“I was just showing them my new invention.” Tails beamed with excitement.
“Yes. It’s quite the wonderful thing.” Shadow gave a small smile. “Have you seen it?” He waved his hand over a metal box.
“That’s the toaster!” Amy squealed with delight. “You finally got it to work, huh?”
Tails nodded with a bright smile.
Amy kissed him on the forehead. “That’s very good. I’ll come by to see it work after I finish my work.”
“You don’t want to hang around Amy?” Sonic tilted his head.
“No. I have to deliver these bouquets before they wilt.” Amy held the basket that was dangling on her arm up. “Speaking of bouquets,” she began to look for the one she had made earlier. It had blue and red flowers with a little bit of yellow spotting through. She plucked up the bouquet and put it in Sonic’s hands. “Can you deliver this to Sally for me? She’s accompanied her father. You know where, right?”
Sonic nodded. “I’ll see to it that she gets them.”
“Before sun set?” Amy stated sternly as she gave the blue hedgehog his payment.
“Before sun set, I promise.” Sonic nodded.
“That’s a beautiful bouquet.” Shadow complimented. Shadow actually loved flowers. His sister had loved arranging flowers before she died of illness. Every time he saw a flower arrangement, it reminded me of his sister’s bright smile. “What’s the occasion for her to get such a wonderful bouquet?”
“It’s Tuesday.” Amy shrugged. “I make her one every Tuesday.”
“And I deliver them every Tuesday!” Sonic smiled.
“Yep.” Amy smirked. “You do.” She couldn’t believe she had used to have a crush on the blue hedgehog. He was like a toddler sometimes.
“Routines are just a thing here, I take it?” Shadow sat on a bar stool as the toaster popped up two slices of toast. He reached over as if it was nothing and grabbed the hot piece of bread.
“Yes. On Tuesday, the butcher has fresh pig. The baker bakes a fruit cake that is bought by Mrs. Doris. She’s a kind old widow. She’s also the only one here who likes fruit cake. She eats it on her porch with a picture of her husband. I bring her a bouquet of white lilies with some clovers in them. The kids play basketball after school. Rob has made new spears that go on the shelves in his store.” Amy went on about the normal Tuesday routine as she put the fresh flowers in the vases around the pub. She maneuvered around the packed pub like a ballerina.
The villagers just smiled as she passed by them. She even handed some of her bouquets to the normal people who received them. Amy was good with routine. They made life easier. Though she did often wish for a change to the routine. She guess she would have to thank the prince for the nice change. It was amusing to see everyone try to catch a glimpse at the prince.
Once Amy’s basket was nearly empty, she put the basket on a stool behind the counter. She picked up the plates of food that had yet to be delivered to people. Luckily she knew who ordered what. Everyone tended to get the same thing every day.
Though Sonic was the only exception to the rule. Sure, he got chilidogs every day. But before he left for the evening he got his chilidogs and then something else. And it was different every day. Though on Monday, he always got a dinner box of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans.
“Just about the only person here who doesn’t stick to a routine is Sonic.” Amy nudged her thumb at the blue hedgehog. “Unless you count the chilidogs of course.”
Shadow smiled. “I doubt he’ll eat anything else.”
By this time, people began to go back to their everyday lives. They had seen the prince, eaten their food, and now it was time to get back to work.
“No. Sonic gets a new dinner every day but Monday.” Amy stated proudly. “By the way, how were the peas last night, Sonic? You normally get green beans. I think you also got two slices of cake last night. You know too much cake will rot your teeth out right?”
Shadow hid a smile behind his hand.
Sonic gave a sheepish smile.
“Are you the mother of everyone in the village?” Shadow mused.
“No. More like the annoying sister I never wanted.” Sonic chuckled. He was greeted with Amy punching his arm. “Ow! That hurt!” Sonic whimpered as he sunk into a stool.
“Sorry it took so long!” Charles greeted as he came up from his record room.
“Ah there you are!” Amy smiled. “Did your records get mixed up again?”
“A bit.” Charles’ face turned slightly red from embarrassment. “I found those records you asked for.” He walked up to Shadow.
“Is it tax time already?” Amy tilted her head.
Shadow chuckled. “No. Sonic brought me dinner from here last night. He brings me dinner every Monday. The cake was delicious. I want to know the baker so that I can order a whole one for a little get together the family is having.”
“Yeah, I hear her majesty loves cake. It is such an honor that one of the royal family would visit here, especially for cake.” Charles bowed.
Shadow nodded as he opened the book and read through it. “Ah here it is! Strawberry cake maybe by an Amy. No last name.” Shadow frowned at that. “Where’s this Amy with no last name at?”
“Oh that’s Amy.” Tails pointed to the pink hedgehog proudly. “She really does make a yummy cake!”
Amy felt her face flushed as she turned away. She swatted at Tails’ hand. “And who sent Sonic with two slices of my cake?”
Charles looked at Amy and knew he didn’t want to answer. Amy didn’t like too much attention.
“I did! I told him it was the best one here. He told me if it was better than the baker’s that he’d give me 5 shillings.” Tails beamed.
“5 shillings?” Shadow arched an eyebrow at Sonic.
“Oh yeah!” Sonic took out the shillings from his purse. He placed them in Tails’ hand. “Here you go little buddy!”
Shadow nodded as he turned and walked up to the pink hedgehog and stared down at her. “How long have you been baking Miss No last name?”
“Rose. My name is Amy Rose.” Amy crossed her arms and glared at him. “And I’ve been baking since I was a tot. Mama taught me how.”
Shadow nodded. “Well you have a talent for it. How would you like to come to my castle and do some baking for a little party?”
Amy bit her lip. It really was quite the honor to be given such a job. But Amy was no professional. She couldn’t possibly carry out a task like that. “I think…”
“Amy will have to talk to her family first,” Tails stated boldly.
Amy turned to the fox in shock. The orange fox was never so bold in front of anyone. He had trouble looking anyone in the eye. And yet he stood tall now, looking Shadow in the eye, the cutest smile on his face. 
“Amy isn’t yet old enough to leave her home without her family’s permission. You’ll have to ask them for permission first before you ask her. It’s not proper any other way.”
Shadow crossed his arms as he stared at the fox. He seemed greatly annoyed but he took a breath and there was a small smirk on his face. “You’re a very smart boy. Would you mind showing me the way there then? Sonic has deliveries to make.”
Sonic nodded. “Don’t let him scare you Tails!” Sonic whispered before zipping off.
Amy sighed. “If he zips like that, he’ll ruin the flowers.”
Shadow took one long look at the pink hedgehog and then to the orange fox. “Well let’s be on our way. I want to have a baker secured before my family arrives.”
“Okay!” Tails giggled as he walked out from behind the counter. “Follow me!”
Amy arched an eyebrow. “Charles is Tails okay?”
Charles merely stared. “I don’t know. I’ve never seen him so social. I guess he’s finally coming out of his shell.”
“Maybe.” Amy picked up her basket. She had a few banquets left to deliver.

The Prince was there when she arrived home. Rob and Marian were both nervous and happy to have a prince in their home. Amy placed her basket by her door. Amy sighed as she walked into the house.
“You sure you still want me to bake for your party?” Amy asked.
Shadow looked up at her as her cousin’s gasped.
“Amy, for thee to talkth like so. It is not proper of a young lady.” Rob chided.
“My apologizes.” Amy curtsied. “But I’m not an experienced baker. I couldn’t give you a professional quality good. I can bake well enough for home. Tails giving you my cake yesterday was a fluke.”
Shadow listened silently as Amy tried to dissuade him.
“In fact, you’re lucky my cooking didn’t make you sick,” Amy added. “I’m just a simple little flower girl. Knowing this, are you still wanting me to bake for a royal party?”
Shadow looked from her to her cousins. “Your cousins have already given their consent for you to come to the palace to bake for the party. I guarantee that you will have anything you need to complete the task assigned to you. Your cousins will be allowed to visit you anytime during the day as well. So yes I do still wish to have you bake for the party. Your cake was delicious and my aunt would love to taste something like a home cooked dessert.”
Amy sighed. “So what do I need to bake and when do I need to have it done? And what do you mean my cousins can visit me? I live with them?”
“My castle is rather far away. If you’re not with Sonic, it might take a day to get to it,” Shadow stated. “So you’ll be living at my castle until the day after the party. That way you’ll have plenty of time to get acquainted with the castle and the kitchen. It would be a great embarrassment if you were to get lost while baking the desserts. You’ll be baking a number of desserts. That strawberry cake being one of them. But you are more than welcome to decide the others, with my approval of course. So what do you say?”

Amy thought about it for a moment. Tails seemed to be really comfortable with Prince Shadow. Plus it would be extremely rude to turn down royalty. If she even dared, she would be the talk of the town. “Very well, I accept your job offer.” She bowed. “Thank you for a wonderful job opportunity.”
[][][][
Krissie: I hope you enjoy this. Let me know what you guys think.

No comments:

Post a Comment