Saturday, September 5, 2015

My Cousin

So today I realized that my cousin is a racist. My day was calm and peaceful. I went to go make myself a tomato sandwich for breakfast. My cousin, Monica, was talking to her brother's girlfriend, Brandy. She was talking about some CD that her father had full of racist songs.
I wasn't surprised to hear that, since I remember what kind of person her dad was before he died last year.
Monica proceeds to sing, "Nigger hating me." a song that was on that CD. Brandy said she had heard it before. Then Monica continues running her mouth. Then she says something that I can't believe would even come out of a 17 year old girl's mouth. Much less anyone under the age of 30.
She said, and I quote, "Girls only date niggers when they can't get a white boy."
I was stunned and appalled. I think Brandy said her name like "Monica!" Like she was surprised she said it too or to tell her to shut up.
I stay quiet. I don't want to deal with her. So I continue making my sandwich and go to my room to eat. The whole time, I'm going, "She really is racist." And I think she said it on purpose just to get at me because she knows my boyfriend is black.
I didn't much care for her before. Now I really don't care for her at all. It was just my surprise to find out that she was indeed racist. But at the same time, can I really be surprised? Her father was racist too after all. he raised her.
I guess I'm just really angry and annoyed with her.
Monica has never had any manners. She's always been rude. No respect for anyone. She cusses at her mom, Nanny (our grandmother), her sister, everyone. She even cussed out her father a few times when he was still alive.
I want her to do better with her life then her parents did. But I doubt she'll get too far. Her attitude is horrible and while I'm told she's smart. But I've never seen her intelligence. I feel like she'll eventually crash and burn and when it happens, I will not feel sorry for her. I will stand back and watch or walk away. She isn't worth the trouble or effort. I know it's a cruel thing to do to ones family. But frankly, I hardly consider Monica apart of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment