Saturday, September 26, 2015

Journal Designs

Hey guys,
I've been working on designing hardcover journals for RedBubble for the pass 10 weeks. I'm still working on more designs.
I initially began these designs working for my art history class. This art history dealt with contemporary art, which is work from 1945 to the present. It was a super fun class but then again, I had possibly the best art history teacher ever.
The final project in all of her art history classes is always the same - write a two page paper, double spaced proposing something you're creating for a possible client that is based on/inspired by one of the types of art we're studying in that course. Art History 1 deals with the earliest art and I wrote a paper purposing making a comic book based on Egyptian Mythology. In Art History 2, I wrote about creating a book with illuminated initials and illustrations like one would see in old bible pages that we saw in class because to me, they were beautiful and interesting. For Art History 3, I talked about doing cartoon shorts about interesting facts about history and I was able to create a short video about Paul Revere.
For contemporary art, I chose to do designs for journals based off of Pop art and Optical art. I was able to get several designs completed, and I wanted to share my designs with you. You can also view them here.
So here we go!










Many of these are based off of photographs I have taken of family over the years. Some are meme based. I have a few more coming out soon that I'm working on. One is called Sad Kids at the Mall. Which is in honor of my teacher. Though she did say that her favorite was Your Wheel Is Broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment