Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Rewriting an old tale

I have plans to re-write an old story of mine. The only name it has is Kyuketsuki. I began working on the story in 2002 when I was 8 and created my first character, Cleovim. It has since envolved over the years. There has been at least 5 to 6 drafts of the story that I can remember. and only one of those drafts has ever been completed in full.
I even began to make a comic/manga of the story. the comic is incomplete but it is 100 pages long. I doubt anyone cared for it really as I never got any feedback on it. But it was a good practice for me. I learned a lot working on it.
As for this new draft, a lot has changed, but a lot is still the same. The biggest changes are coming from the fact that I am tying this story into Spider Princess in that they both inhabit the same world. One character has went from a vampire to a demon. Another has had his whole back story changed. Some characters will have to meet instead of growing up together. A lot has changed. I have the opening of the story drafted. and I will post it.
I'm super proud of myself for finding a way to go with this tale. I really am. and I hope that you will all enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment