Thursday, January 19, 2023

The Witch adopts the Duke's Precious Niece Ch1

Krissie: I wanted to try to write a webnovel similar to the webnovels/comics I've been obsessed with reading. So enjoy this new series!


Chapter 1

This world was interesting. And I was luckily born into a role that wouldn't put me at risk. I was an extra. On top of that, a witch. I was more a powerful witch, but I got joy from the simple magic tricks I could do. With my knowledge of the novel, I traveled to a place relatively unharmed by the novel's events. 

Sure, I didn't have access to a convence store, but my magic made gardening easier. For anything else I could disguise myself to sell the excess in the neighboring villages and buy what I lack. 

I hummed as I walked to my garden. The sound of a child crying caught my attention. It sounded human. Humans had never entered my forest before. Perhaps it was a kid who got lost? I didn't want rumors that the forest ate people starting. I gasped in shock as I found a fresh new born baby crying next to a dead woman. I scooped the baby and checked for injuries. They were still coated in a film. 

It was obvious that the woman was long dead. She must have given birth as she was dying. I took note of the injuries on her body. 

My heart ached as I held the crying baby close. I used a spell to levitate the body back to my house. The gardening would have to wait. I cleaned up the child and slowly spooned them soup. I used magic to clean the mother's body while I did so. Once the baby was full and sleeping, I wrapped them in blankets and let them sleep in a clothes basket. The bed was too dangerous. 

I carefully cleaned the mother's clothes. She has expensive jewelry. Odd that a noble lady would be in a forest. Should I put the jewelry away for the child? I bit my lower lip. A baby has no need of jewels. I cat a spell to preserve the now cleaned body. I covered the wounds before putting her in a make shift coffin. 

"Rest well ma'am." I whispered as I gave her a burial under a tree. I walked back inside to see the sleeping child. I sighed as I watched them. "You're going to need a band."


No comments:

Post a Comment