Sunday, April 28, 2019

Entitled People make me hate humanity

So I don't know what is wrong with the people who come to Stonecrest, but too many of them are entitled or just plain stupid.
Yesterday, we had a lady come in to take a bathroom break from her movie at the movie theater across from our arcade to eat and drink at the bar. She was there for over 30 minutes. I feel bad that she wasted her money like that. But whatever. I think she just wanted to say she saw the new Avenger movie, but whatever.
Today was just stressful and annoying. We had a rush the moment our third person left our department. Leaving it with just me and Kay. Apparently, our other closer called out. Our other person who was supposed to come in for training didn't show either. But he hasn't shown for many of his work days. It's sad because the one day I worked with him, he was very attentive and soaked up everything like a sponge. The other two new guys are a bit slow, but improving gradually. I'm trying not to mama bird them, but I am a bit of a control freak.
But I had several people ask for things that aren't on the menu or things we don't sell. Mainly, cups of water and lemon pepper wings. I don't know why, but a lot of people expect/believe we have free water cups or cups of ice and then they're confused when I tell them we don't have cups of water. I have to explain and even repeat over and over to the SAME person that we only have the soda cups and bottle water. Yes they are expensive. It's an arcade connected to a mall. What do you expect?
But today, we had so many that it just destroyed my soul. It also didn't help that I got off at 1am and I have to go back in at 10:30am. So what is that? around 8 to 9 hours to get home and try to sleep after all this stress. I just can't. I am still up and it's nearly 3am. My sleep schedule is so fucked.
But I had to deal with one customer. They (a man and his preteen daughter) came up to the counter and I saw them look and run their fingers over the menu. They looked at the wings and everything. There are only 3 flavors; plain, buffalo, and bbq. No other flavors.
They looked me in the eye and asked for lemon pepper wings.
"We don't have lemon pepper wings," I tell them.
The man apparently had a issue with how I said it. He paused and said I was rude and that I shouldn't have said it that way.
I told him curtly, "You asked for lemon pepper wings, I told you we don't have them."
Man, "But it's the way you said it. You work in customer service. You have said it's not available."
I, growing more annoyed and confused by this weirdness, "Look, I'm not following your logic. I simply told you we don't have lemon pepper wings." Grant it, I knew he had read the menu but I didn't bring it up because maybe he's illiterate. I wish we had a book store that wasn't 40 minutes away.
Man, "But it's the way you said it."
I just stared at him. I am so done repeating the same thing over and over again.
Man, "Can you apologize for the way you said spoke in front of my child?"
I, shaking my head, "No. You asked for something we don't have. I told you we don't have it. I've had to say the same things to several others today. I say it short and simple." Grant it, I didn't curse. Though I wanted too. And frankly, if you can't handle blunt, maybe you shouldn't go out. If that girl has any contact without others, I'm sure she's heard a lot worse from her classmates.
The sheer fact he thinks we have to sugar coat anything is hilarious. I am not here to appease you, I'm hear to cook, prep, clean, and take a few orders. It's nearly 20 minutes to close and there's still a line of orders that Kay is making and will be making pass closing time.
The man asks for a manager. I shrug. Alright let's waste this time. I call for a manager over the mic. I get no response. Not abnormal. I only have one manager on the floor and he's stuck at the bar.
A few minutes of silence pass.
The man gestures to the manager, "Is that your manager?"
I nod, "Yes."
The man smiles like he's made some victory, "I know."
"Oh that's nice," I shrug. I've got like two people behind this guy at this point and he won't move so I can take their orders. If ya'll think I care who ya'll know, I don't. I doubt any of us do.
The manager never came over though. I believe I got one of our security guard's cup. They have to sign for it.
The man finally addresses me again, "Do you want to try to this again?"
I'm pretty sure I cocked an eyebrow at him, "Look," I glance at the clock, It's 11:19 and the kitchen is closing at 11:30 since our other closer didn't come in. "The kitchen closes in 10 minutes. Do you want to order something or not?"
I am so done with this guy. Most of it is him demanding an apologize. I don't give apologize when asked. I'm not about giving fake apologize. It'll make the rest of my apologizes meaningless.
He again asks if the man at the bar is my manager.
I tell him, "Yes. Only one in tonight."
He then leaves and takes his daughter with him. He didn't order anything as the last two orders I had were from my coworkers.
I just can't deal with humans some times. And it becomes so bad that I can only call them humans and not people. I wish I could just collapse into sleep, but I am carrying way too much negative energy and I am lacking a black candle to banish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment