Saturday, January 19, 2019

Tails x Amy fanfic

It was a scent that made my brain fuzzy. It was the same back then when we first met. It's been years and not much has changed.
I glanced up at Antoine who was planting flowers a few feet from me. I smiled as he handed me another flower to plant.
I only had five more minutes before she arrives. I had best make use of my clear brain while I can.
Plant the flowers. Plant the flowers. Repair the forest to it's former glory.
I repeat the phrase in my head as a sutra to help me focus. The soil was rich with nutrients, so I'm sure the plants will thrive. The few trees we planted a few years back were getting along ok. They were still small, but growing steadily. I just hope they'll stay long enough to create a wonderful shade.
"We've brought more flowers!" Bunnie's voice called from the hill.
Antoine smiled as he greeted his wife. "We're almost done with this flower bed too."
Bunnie smiled as she pulled the wagon full of plants behind her.
"What kind of tree is that?" I point at the sapling. No one had told me about planting another tree.
"Oh I brought it!" Amy beamed as she stood next to the wagon. "I thought adding some fruit baring trees would be nice."
"We already have apple and plum trees. What other trees could you add?" I could smell her scent all around me. Like a suffocating presence. And yet I had missed it while she was away. I must have an addictive personality to crave her scent so badly.
"This is a pear tree." Amy beamed. "And this is an orange tree."
I laughed as I nodded. "Ok. Ok. It's too late for you to take them back."
Amy beamed as she walked around the clearing. She wanted to plant the saplings in a good spot. Nice and sunny and freedom to grow.
My eyes follow her far too closely. Like a predator watching a meal. I quickly get back to work.
Plant the flowers.
I hum to myself. I just need to keep busy and by being busy I won't spout stupid stuff to her.
"Hey Tails, let's go get something for lunch," Amy appears right in front of my face.
"I'm good. Why don't you grab lunch with Antoine and Bunnie?" I suggest. "I'll just plant these last few plants." I gesture towards to the wagon that held the the flowers. "I'll join y'all after that."
Amy pouted. "But they already left."
"They did?" I glance around and sure enough the married couple was gone. Plus the sun was setting. I sigh. "Isn't it time to for dinner not lunch?" I muse as I finish planting the flowers.
"I know, but you've been so busy humming and planting it was hard to get your attention." Amy stated.
"You could've just nudged me a little." I gave a nervous chuckle. The last thing I needed was Amy to be angry at me.
Amy rolled her eyes. "That's the last flower," she stated as I finished. She grabbed my arm and pulled me up. The years had been kind to me, I was now easily taller then her. "Dinner time now. So let's go eat." She demanded.
"Ok. Ok." I agree as I feel swallowed by her scent once again. I grab the wagon and pull it back to Knothole. "What do you wanna eat for dinner? Uncle Chuck has been working on his spicy chicken wings since you've last been here."
Amy laughed. "I heard. Why don't we eat at his cafe then?"
The cafe wasn't too packed. Most people were already heading home. Knothole really didn't have much of a night life after all.
Sonic greeted them from behind the counter. The blue hedgehog did help out there when he had spare time. "How are the flowers?"
"Growing nicely." I tell my big brother.
"Tails got into a trance of planting. He was even humming this cute melody. What song was it?" Amy teased.
I give a nervous smile as I shrug. "Who knows? I don't remember.  Maybe it was something from one of Mina's old albums. One of them did play on random in my workshop the other day." I really couldn't recall what I was humming. I could have been singing Call me maybe or Friday and not realize it.
Amy chuckled as she sat down. I took the seat across from her. I pick up the menu. I really don't need it. I know everything on it. I have been coming here since I was a kid. I even named a few items on the menu too! But it gave me something else to focus on. Something else to stare at that wasn't her.
[][][]
KRISSIE: I wanted to try writing something for this pairing.

No comments:

Post a Comment