Saturday, June 11, 2016

Little Mermaid Sonic Version Ch4


Little Mermaid Sonic Version
Chapter 4
Previous Chapter
[][][]
The next day, Amy found Knuckles by the shipwreck. Knuckles was willing to allow the mermaid to explore the ship with him. Amy was happy, because she had purposely come here looking for him. Her luck must have been good, because she found him.

“Can you tell me what this thing is?” Amy showed him the jacket.

The red echidna’s eyes widened. He had seen that jacket before. It belonged to Shadow the Hedgehog. He was a prince and warrior. He was related to Queen Aleena and her triplets somehow, but no one ever really knew. Knuckles had met Shadow once or twice. They got along somewhat, but Shadow and Knuckles both preferred to be alone. Shadow preferred his personal space a lot more.

“Where did you get that jacket?” Knuckles asked cautiously. Shadow didn’t believe in magic and mythical beings. If he saw Amy, Knuckles was sure the black hedgehog would go into denial or kill her.

“Ok, so the other day I rescued this beautiful man from drowning. He has the most wonderful blue fur,” Amy began to explain. Knuckles nodded in understanding.

She must have met Sonic,” Knuckles thought.

“It was love at first sight for me! It really was. So I wanted to see him again, just to see how he was, but I couldn’t find him. So I sat in a cave and began singing. And then he showed up from behind me from the other side of the cave! It was like fate. There was a black and red hedgehog with him. He threw this at and told me ‘to put on some clothes’.”

Shadow was a gentleman. He wouldn’t talk to a naked girl.

“They didn’t see my tail. But I wasn’t sure if I could talk to the blue one without fumbling over my tongue. So I swam away while they were turned around.” Amy concluded. “So what’s this thing?”

“It’s a jacket,” Knuckles answered. “You were it around your shoulders. Like so.” Knuckles put the jacket on the mermaid. “You can zip it up with the zipper here.” He showed her how it worked.

Amy giggled with glee. “That’s cool! But it’s awfully heavy. How do you walk around with such heavy things?”

“It’s only heavy because it’s soaking wet. When their dry on land, they’re really light and they protect us from the elements. Everyone on land wears clothes. It’s kind of… not proper to walk around naked on land.”

“Weird.” Amy mused. “But I understand.”

Knuckles smiled as he sorted through the things they collected from the shipwrecks. “So you’re in love with a blue hedgehog? That’s going to be hard for you.”

“I know,” Amy folded her arms on the edge of the boat, resting her head on her hands. “But I can’t help how I feel. I really love him.”

“But you don’t know him yet,” Knuckles pointed out. “What will you do if he doesn’t love you back or tries to hurt other mermaids?”

Amy pursed her lips as she took in what Knuckles was saying. “I’m not sure about the first part. But I could tell that he would never hurt anyone of my kind. I can just sense it!”

Knuckles nodded. “I just want you to be careful. Loving a lander is a very… taboo thing for your people.”

Amy nodded. “I know. I will be as careful as I can be about this.” Amy glance up at the sky. The sun was setting. “I have to go. Bye bye Knuckles!” She pushed away from the boat. The boat bobbed a bit from the waves Amy caused. Knuckles smiled as he waved.

They went in opposite directions.

“That poor girl,” Knuckles sighed as he turned on the engine. “In love with Sonic Hedgehog. A prince! And one to be married soon.” He shook his head. “Maybe I should have told her about Sally.” He put his head in his hand. “I don’t want to bring her bad news, but she needs to know.” He took a deep breath as he sat up straight in his boat. “I’ll tell her next time I see her. I swear on my honor.”
[][][][
Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment