Thursday, October 15, 2015

Sonamy Week Ch4

Sonamy Week
Chapter 4: Family
Sonic woke up to the smell of delicious food. He licked his lips as he shuffled out of bed. He walked into the bathroom and brushed his teeth before he splashed water into his face. He shook the excess water off as he stretched. He exited the bathroom and walked to the kitchen.
He wrapped his arms around the chief and smiled. “Good morning,” he hummed.
“Good morning.” Amy smiled as she continued cooking. “I almost have the food done. Could you help me set up?”
“Sure!” Sonic beamed. “I’m amazed no one has showed up yet. You would think the smell of food would bring them all here.”
Amy chuckled, “Well it’s still rather early. Just give it another few minutes and they’ll be here.” She arranged the food on the table.
“I still can’t believe it.” Sonic shook his head.
“You’ve been saying that for three months now Sonic,” Amy noted.
“Yeah. And three months later, I can’t believe that Vanilla and Vector are getting married,” Sonic rolled his eyes. “How are you not amazed?”
“The same reason why you haven’t questioned the obvious yet,” she retorted.
Sonic froze as he looked at her and then at the kitchen.
“How did you get into my house?” He asked in a whisper. “Did you pick my locks again?”
Amy chuckled, “No. Tails let me.”
“Where is Tails?” Sonic looked around for his little bro.
“Workshop.” Tails came from a door at the end of the living room. He was coughing as smoke followed him. “I made a slight miscalculation with the wiring,” he mumbled in thought. He looked up and smiled as he walked into the kitchen, ducking as not to hit his head on the door frame. The fox had a growth spurt that easily made him the tallest in the group. He gave a soft good morning as he looked at the table. “I see the food is done. When is the party supposed to start again?”
“In an hour,” Amy checked the clock.
“Well, I better get my invention fixed before then.” Tails turned to go back to his lab.
“Oh no,” Amy grabbed his arm. “You’re covered in yuck. Go take a bath and get ready. No more working for the day.”
“But?” Tails whimpered.
Amy tapped her foot as her hands rested on her hips.
Tails’ ears bent downward as he turned to look at Sonic. “Why do you date women who want to nag me like a child?”
Sonic gave a sheepish grin as he shrugged.
Tails rolled his eyes as he trudged off to the bathroom for a much needed shower. “And Cream thinks her family is now a bowl of fruit loops. Hah! She ought to see mine,” Tails muttered as he closed the door.
“He’s getting snarky with age.” Sonic chuckled as he turned to the table. “When can I get this?” He pointed towards the food.
“I’ll make you an egg sandwich. Leave that food for the party.” Amy wacked his hand away from a plate of cookies.

[][][][][

No comments:

Post a Comment