Monday, February 2, 2015

Lunch Date

14 Days of Love (Sonic Style!)
Krissie: Welcome to Chapter 2! I hope you’re all ready!
Chapter 2: Lunch Date
Disclaimer: Go ahead and flame. I’m expecting it.
[][][][][][
 Espio fidgeted at the table. He shouldn’t have agreed to this. What was he thinking? He took a deep breath to calm himself. She had been dealing with a stalker and had asked the Chaotix to help stop him. Problem was, no one knew who the stalker was yet. Vector suggested that they follow her around to see if there was anyone suspicious following her. But she didn’t feel safe. He had been taking pictures of her going about her daily routine and mailing them to her. It was plain creepy and making her skin crawl. She didn’t want to walk around town alone. She wanted someone to stand by her. Such a thing was normal of a stalking victim. What made Espio nervous was that instead of tailing her with someone else walking beside her, he was the one standing beside her.
What was Vector thinking? The crocodile knew the ninja was more suited to observing from the shadows. Is this punishment for losing the payphone money? I swear those games were rigged! Rigged, I say!
“Espio? Are you okay?” the soft female voice asked. The purple chameleon had suddenly plopped his head down on the table. Hard. The magenta hedgehog was concerned about his health. Sonic had assured her that Espio was the sanest out of all the Chaotix.
“Yeah.” He mumbled as he lifted his head up and rubbed his hands on his face. “I’m fine. How are you?”
“I’m good.” Sonia answered. “Feeling a lot safer today. Thank you.”
“I’m happy to be of service.” Espio responded out of habit. “Though, I’m curious. Why didn’t you call your brothers to help you with this stalker problem? Sonic is, after all, the hero of Mobius. I don’t have much info on Manic though.”
“You have information on my brother and me?” Sonia raised an eyebrow at him.
“I’m a ninja. My job is to know information on everyone I need to, just in case.” Espio stated.
“Like black mail?” Sonia questioned.
“Sort of. Or just in case someone needs to be stopped.” Espio shrugged.
“Like Batman?”
“I guess. You can put it like that.”
“So what do you know about me, Mr. Ninja?” Sonia gave him a toothy smirk.
Espio made a poppy sound with his lips as he took it in. He wasn’t quite sure how to answer that. Her bright hazel eyes were full of curiosity. “Not much. I usually only gather information on people involved with Eggman, rather they work for him or fight him. Your name only came up as Sonic’s twin sister. Though it’s not clear which of you is older.”
Sonia laughed. “The age order didn’t pop up in your ninja investigation?”
“Not exactly.” Espio shrugged. “It just says you three are twins. Though I imagine it must have been a lively house growing up.”
Sonia giggled. “It was. Do you have any siblings?”
Espio raised an eyebrow. “Why do you ask?”
“Well, you like to have information on people. Well so do I. Why don’t we share?”
“Okay. I guess we could that.” He nodded in agreement.
Sonia smiled. He had to admit. He liked her smile. “So… Siblings?”
“Only child.”
“I don’t know if that’s nice or lonely.” Sonia stated.
“Why do you say that?” Espio cocked his head at her and gave her a smile.
“Well, there were lots of time I wished I was an only child. But at the end of the day, I loved getting under my brothers’ skins and annoying them. It’s just a sibling thing, I guess.” Sonia answered as she took a sip of her drink. “Your turn.”
“Okay.” Espio nodded as he thought of a good question. He wasn’t used to asking questions directly.
The lunch was better than either could have imagined. They had found out that they shared some things in common. They both like classical music and reading. They were currently walking in the park. It was very peaceful and sunny. Vector had yet to single him to tell him that they caught the stalker yet. The chameleon, himself, wasn’t seeking out the stalker. His attention was on Sonia.
“Oh! The forget-me-nots are in bloom!” Sonia beamed as she stared down at the blue flowers.
“They’re very beautiful.” Espio smiled at the flowers. They were his favorite flower.
“They’re my favorite flowers. What are yours?” She turned to him with her hands clasped behind her back.
Espio arched an eyebrow at the magenta hedgehog. “My favorite flower? Hmm…” He pretended to think about it. “I think I’ll keep it a secret.” He smiled.

Sonia gave a hearty laugh. “I guess a ninja like you has to keep some things a secret, huh?”
[][][][ 

No comments:

Post a Comment