Friday, December 30, 2016

cards

CARDS

Amy carefully laid out the cards. She was in the midst of a very important card reading. She gulped as she flipped over the first card. The other cards followed suit. She sighed. The reading only proved her thoughts even more.

"What are you doing Rose?" A deep voice caught her off guard.

Amy bounced up in her spot to see Shadow standing over her. His normal expression held some curiousness as his ruby eyes looked over the cards.

"Oh, I'm just asking a little tarot card reading." Amy replied.

"You look really serious about it." He noted, "Is there something bothering you?"

"Not really." Amy lied as she gathered up the cards. She hummed as she looked around the scenery of the woods. "What brings you here?"

"A race with Sonic," came the soft reply. "I won, but I wanted to take my time on my way back."

Amy nodded. "It's really nice here," she stated, "I saw some really beautiful birds once. You might find their songs annoying, but it's really relaxing to just watch them build their nests. It's like magic how they compact all those twigs together."

Shadow nodded. He glanced back at the cards. "What did you tell a fortune about? Sonic?" He had seen the pink hedgehog read the cards about her future with Sonic or just about Sonic in general often.

"Nah. Nothing to do with Sonic this time," she waved her hand in the air, dismissing the idea.

"Then what?" Shadow tilted his head.

"Um..." She paused. She didn't want to lie to Shadow nor did she want to tell him. "Can I keep that to myself?" She nearly whispered. "I want to keep it to myself for a while."

Shadow nodded. Rose had things she wanted to keep to herself. He kept most things to himself. He would respect her on that front. "Very well, would you like me to give you a lift home?" Shadow asked.

"That would be awesome. But don't you want to enjoy the scenery?" Amy smiled as she gestured to the woods.

"I can always come back later," he shrugged.

"How about we walk together? That way you can do both. I don't mind at all." Amy beamed.

Shadow nodded in agreement.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment